Support U Do It Contracting for free by shopping Amazon through this link (please bookmark it!) http://amzn.to/1QrCTVN
This is a problem that began about three weeks ago and I haven’t nailed down the problem. The first symptom was squishy brakes. This points to several problems, such as a bad brake booster, poor vacuum, air in the line, low fluid. I didn’t notice any fluid on the ground but I did notice a 1/3 drop in the brake fluid reservoir. It must be a leak. Yesterday, I noticed a puddle of fluid on the ground directly under the brake line fittings.
With my wife’s help and my GoPro I was able to catch this on video. The brake tube is leaking. It is the tube that connects the ABS Hydraulic Control Unit to the Brake’s Master Cylinder. I zoomed the video in and slowed it down 25% to allow you to see the pinhole leak.
I used a stop-gap solution of silicone rubber self-fusing tape until I get the replacement part. The part number was specified with a label on the tube as 55366057AC; however, this part number is not found anywhere. It must have been replaced.
I did find this parts diagram by searching for “HCU,Lines And Hoses,Brake,Front”:
Equipment used in filming:
– This was filmed with a GoPro Hero4 Black in 4k video format: http://amzn.to/1L1SiQs
– Using the Gorillapod Magnetic Tripod: http://amzn.to/1TswPBJ
– GoPro Cosmos Standard Frame Mount Housing: http://amzn.to/1TswPSm
– Bestlight USB Port 20 LED Ring Shooting Night Flash Light for GoPro Hero4: http://amzn.to/24iws1L
– SanDisk Ultra 128GB MicroSDXC Class 10 Memory Card: http://amzn.to/1TswW05
– The Cosmos open frame case allowed the GoPro Hero4 to capture the audio using the built-in microphone.
– The Bestlight LED Ring allowed for better lighting in an otherwise dark condition. The Bestlight LED Ring was powered by a Splash USB battery power source.
– The Gorillapod Magnetic Tripod allowed me to capture the video from different positions by attaching the tripod with the magnets or the articulated legs.
Mark My Spot Location Marker App for Android: http://bit.ly/1QRuITn